Helt siden den nye versjonen av Top Gear kom på lufta i 2002, har Jeremy Clarkson slengt rundt seg med støtende, og forferdelig morsomme, kommentarer. Enkelte ganger har det gått så langt at BBC har blitt nødt til å unnskylde programlederens oppførsel ovenfor dem han fornærmer.
Her er en samling av de aller drøyeste kommentarene som den gråhårede kjempen har kommet med de siste årene.
- Tonight, the new Viper which is the American equivalent of a sports car. In the same way, I guess, that George Bush is the equivalent of a President.
Om Lotus Elise: - This car is more fun than the entire French Air Force crashing into a firework factory.
- The only reason the Arabs and Jews have managed to keep their nasty little war going for 50 years is because it never bloody rains there. If the post-war powers had put Israel in Manchester, there'd have been no bloodshed.
Om lastebilsjåførers daglige virke: - Change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day.
Om Detroit: - God may have created the world in six days, but while He was resting on the seventh, Beelzebub popped up and did this place.
- The only person to look good in the back of a four seat convertable was Hitler.
- Americans are good at herding bison. The end.
- Mexican cars are just going to be lazy, feckless, flatulent, overweight, leaning against a fence asleep looking at a cactus with a blanket with a hole in the middle on as a coat.
Om den malaysiske bilen Perodua Kelisa: - It's built in jungles by people who wear leaves for shoes.