hmm etter å ha søkt litt grundigere om emnet så har jeg fått opp mye forskjellig. men det som tydligviser helt sant og vitenskapelig bevist. Er at guttespermen er større, raskere, men mere sårbar (lever ikke like lenge). Jentespermen er mindre i størrelse, men mere hardfør og lever lenger.
Er sikkert derfor de fleste snakker om diett skifte når man skal "velge" kjønn, og kanskje gjøre miljøet der nede vanskelige for guttesperm, mens jentene kommer fram uansett......
Her er masse forskjellig info, også noe fakta om sånne girl/boy kit.
You're more likely to conceive a boy if...
• You have sex on the day of ovulation, as male sperm are thought to swim faster and reach the egg first
• you reach orgasm before your partner, as this releases an alkaline fluid, thought to be more male-sperm friendly than the vagina's natural acidity
• you have deep penetration during sex, such as from behind (doggie-style)
• your partner has a high sperm count. This is because male sperm are not as strong as female sperm, and so the higher the count, the more chance there is of a male sperm reaching the egg first
• you avoid sex for a week before ovulation and then only have sex once on ovulation day, to keep the sperm count high
• your partner keeps his genitals cool by wearing boxer shorts and loose-fitting trousers
• you eat salty food, plenty of meat, fish, white flour, pasta, fresh fruit, certain vegetables, but avoid milk and dairy products, such as yoghurt and cheese, nuts, chocolate, shellfish and wholemeal bread.
You're more likely to conceive a girl if...
• You have sex earlier on in your cycle, a few days before your day of ovulation. This is because female sperm are thought to be stronger and therefore last longer than male sperm, who will die off before reaching the egg
• your partner reaches orgasm before you
• you have sex frequently to lower your partner's sperm count, and so increase the chances of the female sperm reaching the egg first
• you keep penetration shallow
• you stop having unprotected sex four to five days before ovulation, to minimise the chances of the male sperm reaching the egg first
• your partner keeps his genitals warm by wearing close-fitting underwear and tight trousers (although this isn't likely to do his general fertility any good!)
• you drink plenty of milk and eat dairy products such as cheese and yoghurt, unsalted foods, rice, pasta, certain vegetables, mineral water, limited amounts of meat and potatoes, but avoid salt and any salty foods, wine and beer, fresh fruit, spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms, chocolate, coffee and tea.
Some of these techniques are recommended as part of the Shettles method of sex selection. Find out What the scientists say about this and other methods.
Reviewed March 2007
Dr. Landrum Shettles is known for his popular book on how to use low tech ways to conceive a baby of a particular sex, but particularly baby girls. This was true for girl or boy. The theory behind this girl getting Shettles method is that Y bearing sperm are faster but die more quickly. Therefore the goal is to stack the deck and have more X bearing sperm near the ovum at the time of conception. Following the "rules" of Shettles would mean that by the time the egg is released you have mostly the X bearing sperm left to impregnate the ovum. The basics are as follows:
First you must know your menstrual cycle and chart it using your basal body temperature (BBT) charts.
Once you have done this for a few months you can more accurately pinpoint ovulation.
You will begin to have unprotected intercourse after your period ends.
You should have sex once a day.
Stop having marital relations about three days before you expect ovulation.
For added optimism for a girl, you will want to choose sexual positions that place the sperm close to the entrance to the vagina, making the sperm have to swim further. An example would be the missionary position. (Note: If you're having trouble conceiving at all, this is not recommended.)
Women should avoid orgasm during sex during conception attempts, this is to prevent the vaginal environment from being more alkaline, which supposedly is not favorable to baby girls.
Previously Shettles recommended certain douches to deal with the alkalinity issue, but has since backed off that because of the risk of infection.
The Girl Diet
There are some who say that what you eat will determine whether your baby is a girl or a boy. Here are some foods to stock in your pantry if you're trying to have a baby girl: